Saturday, April 19, 2008

TGIS 5k


My cc/track teams host a spring 5k here in Gaylord, Michigan. Start time today was 11am. Its a fundraiser for team t-shirts, post meet pizzas, etc etc. And, today, was our biggest race ever. 72 runners turned out to enjoy the 70 degree temps and sunshine. Quite a change from last weekend's snowstorm! I hopped in the race with no warmup at all - too busy prepping for registration, answering questions, and such. I yelled "Go" then took off myself. Race splits of 6:20, 6:40, and 7:04 tell me I have a way to go with my fitness, still it was a good speedwork. That's what you call 5k when you're 42 years old and a marathon runner. 20:04 is about what I ran here two years ago and by Alpenfest time (July) I hope to be around 18:30ish. We'll see. the picture above is the 18 and under age group winners!!

No comments: