Monday, July 28, 2008

GRAND ISLAND # 4


Fourth time is a charm. More training, more long runs, more speed results in better performance --> go figure. 13th overall, 1st in my age group, I'll take it. The time of 3:27 was a bit slower than i'd hoped but that was most like due to the serious MUD issues on the course. Temps were almost perfect, maybe 5 degrees warmer than I'd hoped. Here are my splits -- 740,740,740,740,753,804 (HILL !),800,804,834,745,749,750,758,723,732,906,818,748,815,906,713,731,740,743,737,742,1:38 = 3:27:17 -- Marathon 2008

wahoo !

2 comments:

Laura said...

AWESOME JOB!! Isn't this a beautiful place to run?? I am terrified, by the way, of the marathon because I have done a few half marathons but first time I tried to do a marathon-- the Arizona one--I fractured my femur from overuse. I did this after my first 14 mile long run-which makes me worry that I'm doomed to only run a half marathon length for the rest of my life ;). I so love the Grand Island run, though. So beautiful.
Did you jump in Lake Superior after?

Luc said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I posted my race report from the race and was able to walk away with a PR that was ~2 hrs better than my last marathon! I've since signed up for my 3rd marathon (Columbus) and have a new goal of a 4:30 time. I must say that... Wow, you're fast!! :) Great job!! You had to have passed me at some point, because I started early and was in 3rd place for a long time. :)

I loved this race, it was my 2nd marathon and I must say that the scenery alone was worth the long drive and entry fee. :) I'm not sure if or when I'll run this again, but it will be on the top of my list for "favorite all time runs" for a VERY long time.

The north shore was my favorite part with the nice breeze coming off of the lake and the amazing views of the rock cliffs against water as far as you could see. You are very lucky to live so close to such a beautiful place.

Congrats on your finish and great report! :)