Sunday, August 7, 2011

North Country Trail 50

the countdown is on .... 3 weeks (20 days actually) until the NCT 50 miler. gulp. I've been training specifically for this race for .... well, my whole life. I had my fill of 5k's in high school. Moved up to 10k's in college and 20's. Hit a few half marathons here and there. Switched almost exclusively to ski (nordic) racing marathons (30-40-50k) in my late 20's and 30's. Now its time for a 50 miler RUNNING race.

I've had long runs of 18, 18, 24, 32, 18, and 18 miles. I wish I could have gone as high as 35-38 miles, but it just didnt work out. Oh well. Too much running makes running not fun for me, so I will just have to see what happens.

I HOPE to hit the first 25 miles in just a bit under 4 hours. 3:45 is exactly 9 minutes per mile and that might be a bit fast for the first half. I may try 9 minutes per mile running pace and just walk the hills, walk while eating, walk while drinking, etc. This will bump my 3:45 up to 3:55 probably... then the second half we'll just see what happens.

http://www.northcountryrun.com/

No comments: